Our young people today are the Church of today and tomorrow. It is imperative that we provide them with schools ready to address their spiritual, moral and academic needs.” (Renewing Our Commitment to Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools in the Third Millennium, USCCB, 2005, p.8)
St. Madeleine Catholic School is committed to educating every student in preparation to fulfill their God given talent and to develop as the future Catholic leaders in their discipline.
Curriculum offerings include:
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
Instruction is driven by use of:
- Common Core State Standards
- State of California State Standards
- Archdiocese of Los Angeles Religion Standards
- STAR 360 is completed 4x a year or more as needed.
- STAR 360 gives us a view of a students reading and math mastery.
- STAR is a comprehensive formative assessment tool which delivers valid, reliable screening, progress monitoring and student growth data to guide the teaching in making informed academic decisions.
- The goal is to lead students toward mastery of state-specific standards for Early Literacy, Math and Reading.