Within such (school) communities’ teachers and pupils experiences together what it means to live a life of prayer, personal responsibility and freedom reflective of Gospel values. – Bishop David O’Connell
God is the center of our lives! St. Madeleine is committed to modeling Christian values and attitudes which promote the teachings of the Catholic Church. Our students understand the role of God and the church in their lives and students are guided in recognizing their responsibilities toward building a faith community… Every day begins with school wide prayer as the student body gathers to hear the Word of God led by the faculty. All children attend mass every Monday and the Family mass once a month at 9:00 a.m. which allows families and parishioners to celebrate as a community. Sacrament preparation and opportunities for worship are integrated throughout the school day and year.
St. Madeleine is committed to…
- Promoting Catholic Christian attitude, morals and values
- Promoting the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Helping students understand the role of the Catholic Church in their lives
- Guiding students to recognize their responsibility toward building a faith community
- Nurturing each child’s relationship with God
We hope to achieve these goals by:
- Providing opportunities for faith experiences through: weekly mass; preparation for the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Communion; a foundation for Confirmation; formal and impromptu prayer; para-liturgical celebrations; opportunity for prayer throughout the day;a school life experience infused with scripture and prayer.
- Encouraging parents and students to attend Saturday/Sunday mass as a family to further develop Catholic Christian values and practices.
- Providing opportunities and models of working and playing together with respect, helping one another, praying together, showing acts of kindness and taking responsibility for one’s actions.
- Encouraging families to work and learn together on Religion homework and projects and to practice their faith as a family.
- Encouraging and requiring students to provide service to their community both individually and through class based service projects.
Religion Program and Expectations
St. Madeleine accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, is a Catholic school where teachers, parents and students work together to build a community dedicated to fulfilling God’s will. Each student has been blessed with unique gifts and talents, and as educators alongside parents, it is our mission to help our children recognize and use these gifts and talents to serve God and our world. Our school is proud to offer a strong academic program that is committed to preparing our children for high school, college and ultimately their chosen careers. Most important, St. Madeleine lives out the Gospel message of Jesus Christ in a loving environment so that our children will witness the love of Christ and become Disciples of Christ eventually sharing their ministry with the world.