Parents are the ones who must create a family atmosphere animated by love and respect for God and man, in which the well rounded personal and social education of children is fostered. Hence, the family is the first school of the social virtues that every society needs.” (Gravissimum Educationis, Pope Paul VI, 1965 #3)
The PTO exists to support the principal and staffs in their endeavor to provide a quality Catholic education for all students and to help parents and teachers develop a mutual understanding of and appreciation for the ideals of Catholic education, especially in terms of proclaiming the Gospel message, building community and educating for service and worship.
All parents are encouraged and welcome to join the PTO Board.
As per the PTO Bylaws parents committed to the PTO Board are:
- Required to attend all meetings; Attendance will be taken
- Missing three (3) meetings will result in removal from PTO Board
- Late arrival by 15 minutes will result in no credit for attendance
- Help plan and implement all school events
- Required to attend all evening events
- Required to participate in set up, clean up and host the event
- Required to complete Service Hour Coupon for all meetings and events attended
- Required to set up and close the Sunday Sweets table
Any behavior, actions or words, which is not in support of the mission and vision of the administration and its policies, and leads to “Gossip,” or fuels a climate of disrespect for administration, faculty, parents or students, will result in parent being asked to relinquish their role on PTO.